Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What if your blessings come through raindrops...

Where do I begin?

I was having a really great day, minus being asked 3 times about how the adoption was going. I was driving home and felt very inspired by a song I heard on the radio. It is called "Blessings" by Laura Story. It is an amazing song that can easily inspire believers to be faithful to the Lord regardless of what trials He puts in your life. The chorus of the song says, "What if your blessings come through rain drops? What if your healing comes through tears? What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know you're near. What if trials of this life are your mercies in disguise?" The Lord made sure that I heard this song on my drive home, downloaded it, and listened to it multiple times before I got home because I was going to need to remember that He puts us through trials and struggles so that we can feel Him working in our lives.

Here is a video for the song. I HIGHLY recommend watching and listening to the lyrics...it really moved me today!


"Blessings" by Laura Story 
We pray for blessings
We pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
All the while, You hear each spoken need
Yet love us way too much to give us lesser things

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

We pray for wisdom
Your voice to hear
And we cry in anger when we cannot feel You near
We doubt Your goodness, we doubt Your love
As if every promise from Your Word is not enough
All the while, You hear each desperate plea
And long that we'd have faith to believe

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
And what if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

When friends betray us
When darkness seems to win
We know that pain reminds this heart
That this is not, this is not our home
It's not our home

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
And what if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can’t satisfy
And what if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are Your mercies in disguise
 

I got home and found another baby shower invitation in my mailbox. Let me rewind. I have been invited to 3 baby showers in a row this month. The first is for another Bethany family who adopted their precious baby in October, the second for a former Bethany family who are in the middle of a miracle pregnancy, and the third for a dear friend who struggled with infertility. I am THRILLED for all three of these women, but it is still difficult because these are reminders of what Casey and I don't have yet...a baby of our own. I look at these three women and feel inspired for what is to come for us, because all of us have come from a similar background in the world of procreation. ;) 
I also got a monthly update email from our agency that said that they had a lot of birth parents in counseling at the agency for future placements. Just reading that there had been 22 placements in 2011 made me sad that we weren't one of those families. Yet, another thing to make me bummed. 
After all of that, I just broke down crying. 
I took out the devotional that I started reading on January 1st to see what God wanted me to hear today. It comes from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young and it was the perfect thing for me to read today!
January 4

"I want you to learn a new habit. Try saying, "I trust You, Jesus" in response to whatever happens to you. If there is time, think about who I am in all My Power and Glory; ponder also the depth and breadth of My Love for you.
This simple practice will help you see Me in every situation, acknowledging My sovereign control over the universe. When you view events from this perspective-through the Light of My universal Presence-fear loses its grip on you. Adverse circumstances become growth opportunities when you affirm your trust in Me no matter what. You receive blessings gratefully, realizing they flow directly from My hand of grace. Your continual assertion of trusting Me will strengthen our relationship and keep you close to Me."

4 comments:

  1. Stephanie, I remember feeling the same way about a year and a half ago. Like it was everyone but me (and it was so devastating at times). Looking back, I like to think of it as the right baby was just not quite ready for me yet.

    Emma once said to me: Mommy, I loved you before I knew you. I was with God before you and I chose you and Daddy because I already loved you so much.

    That child is wise beyond her years. We waited almost 3 full years before being blessed with Olivia (and you know about our struggles). I truly believe the right baby for you is out there and will "choose" you when he/she is ready. Until then, I'll keep you in my prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear sweet friend, I am encouraged by how God is revealing himself to you daily and how openly you share and how vulnerable you allow yourself to be!
    You are in my prayers daily and so is your sweet baby! Know that I am always here and will continue to be! Hugs!
    Also, always remember that "He sees each tear that falls and He hears you when you call." :) Hope that can be an encouragement for you today. It always is for me when I'm having a rough patch...LOVE that song!

    ReplyDelete
  3. XOXOXO-YOU-XOXOXO-ARE-XOXOXO-LOVED!-XOXOXO-PRAYING-XOXOXO-FOR-XOXOXO-BABY-XOXOXO-OLSEN-XOXOXO-TO-XOXOXO-COME-XOXOXO-SOON!XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you gals so much for all of your support! It means the world to me!

    ReplyDelete